Feb 22, 2010

My name is Karan and all I can think of is banal cliches

I happened to watch the movie, My Name is Khan, today. As expected, it happens to be a typical Karan Johar production with the film almost exclusively shot outside India for audiences outside India. Moreover, the film is filled with cliches/misconceptions about how the law enforcement agencies in USA act. Karan Johar seems to think that they are filled with really dumb people. I might be amendable to the movie if the movie is about personnel who discriminate based on race. However, USA comes across as a society of supreme racists wherein people cannot attend to their business without being harassed.

Great Bong has compared it with Slumdog Millionairizing the USA. I really think this is much more than that.

No comments: