Aug 28, 2007

The Amulet of Samarkand

Djinnes(genies)!!!!!!!!!. The first genie book I have read and man, it just bowled me away. I brought the Amlut of Samarkand half afraid that it would be some kiddish book. Couldn't have been more wrong. The characterization of the genie is too good. Though it does mean that the magician though necessary is not a very interesting character. And the foot notes are full of sarcastic comments though it is pretty much kept in check. I have it when authors overload the books with sarcasm.


Now this is one book I can recommend to one and all. Unlike fooled by randomness which would be passing interest to a non-fin guy. And the book pushed into reading the second part of the trilogy, the Golems eye. Due to this book, i spend half the time in office dreaming when I could just run away home.

By the way, planning to start the driving classes soon. They are not as expensive as I thought it would be. That would take care of at least one of the targets before year end.

No comments: