Jul 13, 2007

Goals for the Year

I remember in march, when i stepped out of IIM, Lucknow, I had made a list of all the things I would like to do in the vacation. The list went something like this
  1. Learn to drive a car
  2. CFA level II preparation
  3. Learn a musical instrument
  4. Cooking
  5. Travel and visit hometown
  6. Jog and join a gym
Other than the CFA preparation, I had done nothing else. That sort of makes me think, should I make a list now? Will I be able to fulfill at least 50% of the goals that I have set for myself. And am I losing out the "joy of life" by focusing too much of goals and targets rather than enjoy the journey? Or is this a thought process that is a manifestation of an upset stomach?

These are the goals for the year for me
  1. Lose some weight-at least 5K
  2. Learn some basic cooking
  3. Plan a proper holiday for a week before the year end
The short list would at least make me beleive that I can achieve these targets. Moreover it will at least make me focussed on something rather than diverting my attention to different goals in life.

3 comments:

Ungal Nanban said...

Very good post...
Thanks for providing nice goals !!!

Freaky said...

Thanks man. Never had thought myself as a role model :)

Anonymous said...

lose some weight?? why would u want to do that... dont tell me 3 months in bbay has made such a big diff or r u trying to compete with venkat?
-kuldeep